Genetic Marker Self-Schedule
To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be age 6-65
- Have a BMI 40 or more for 18 years and older (Click here to calculate)
- Have been identified of having genetics that may lead to obesity
- Not have used any medication approved to treat obesity such as orlistat, lorcaserin, phentermine-topiramate, naltrexone-bupropion in the past 3 months
- Not have a history of significant liver disease other than non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Not have had bariatric surgery in the past 6 months
- Not have a history of or close family history (parents or siblings) of melanoma, or oculocutaneous albinism.
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding and willing to use contraception
- Not have participated in a clinical trial less than 3 months ago
- Other criteria may apply
PLEASE NOTE: You must confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122, ext. 290.
*Compensation up to $750 may be available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.